Greg Lamy was born in New-Orleans and grew up in Luxembourg. He started with classical music at the
age of 14 at the "Conservatoire de la Ville de Luxembourg" as well as electric guitar at the music school Cavem in Luxembourg.
As from 1988, study of classical guitar and musical theory at the "Conservatoire de la Ville de Luxembourg". Study of electric guitar at the Music School of Cavem in Luxembourg.
Study of jazz guitar & jazz harmony under Jacques Pirotton and Gast Waltzing at the Conservatoire in Luxembourg. First gigs given iin Luxembourg and Belgium..
1995-2000: Berklee College of Music in Boston (U.S.A.): Study of jazz guitar under Jon Damian, Hal Crook, Edouard Tomassi, Rick Peckham and Mick Goodrick.
Concerts with Joshua Davis, Oscar Stagnaro, Mohamed Kalifa, Lionel Loueke, etc...
Diploma with a Major in Performance.
1997-1998: Visiting Student at Trinity College in London (Grade 8).
2001: back in Europe, creation of the "Greg Lamy Quintet" in Brussels with Sal La Rocca (bass), Emmanuel Duprey (piano), Mourad Benhammou (drums), Jeroen Van Heerzele (sax). Composition of the first own pieces for jazz such as "Paradoxe" and "Eclipse". Appearance of the Greg Lamy Quintet on several festivals and clubs throughout Europe.
2001-2003: Appearance on the Brussels jazz scene together with Bruno Castellucci, Sal La Rocca, Erwin Vann, Jeroen Van Herzeele, Bart De Nolf, Philip Aerts, etc...
Beginning of a series of collaborations in the U.S.A. and in Europe, among others:
2003: creation of the "Greg Lamy Quartet" with Emmanuel Duprey (piano), Sal La Rocca (bass) and Donald Kontomanou (drums).
- Lionel Loueke (guitar), Mathias Künzli (drums) and Massimo Biolcati (bass)
- "Alba Quartet" with André Klénes (bass), Johannes Müller (sax), David Anlauff (drums)
- Alain Perrenoud (guitar)
- Oliver Strauch (drums), Jochen Krämer (drums), Marc Demuth (bass), Fabien Marcoz (bass)
- Greg Lamy & Pascal Schumacher Quartet
At the end of 2003: recording sessions of a maxi-cd with the "Greg Lamy Quartet", produced by Greg Lamy and funded by SacemLuxembourg. Release of own compositions "Eclipse", "Take It Another Time!", "Octopus".
Febuary 2004: release of the Greg Lamy CD.
Tour and concerts of the Greg Lamy Quartet scheduled during 2004.
Several jazz projects planned in France, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium and Luxembourg.
Greg Lamy - Festivals/Concerts (Selection):
Concerts in differents Clubs in Germany, Belgium, France, Hollande, Italy, Luxembourg, Switzerland.
- Summerstage, Château de Wiltz (L), Greg Lamy Quintet, Liz Mc Comb, The Michel Camilo Trio, Dave Weckel Band, 2001.
- Concert de Midi, Villa Louvigny (L), 2001.
- Art In Beaufort (L), 2001, 2002, 2003.
- Blues'n Jazz Rallye (L), 2001, 2002, 2003.
- Festival de Chassepierre (B), 2001.
- Festival Culturel Esch (L), 2001.
- La Nuit du Jazz, Centre des Arts Pluriels, Ettelbrück (L), 2002.
- 12eme Festival International " Jazz à Liège " (B), 2002.
- Blues & Jazz um Haff, Merscheid (L), 2002.
- Fête de la Musique, Luxembourg (L), 2002, 2003.
- Bénédict Jazz Festival, Clervaux (L), 2002.
- Mons en Jazz (B), 2002.
- Musek am Syrdall (L), 2003.
- La-Neuve (B),2003.
- Brussels Jazz Marathon, Grand-Place Brussels (B),2003.
- Jazz-Syndikat Saarbrücken (D), Greg Lamy Quartet & Ron Carter Foursight, 2003.
- Festival de la Création Artistique, Esch (L), 2003.
In December 2006, new CD : "What are you afraid of ?".