ROBERT SACRÉ is Maitre de Conferences in the Department of Music and at the Center for American Studies of the University of Liège (Belgium). He teaches "History of African American Literature and Music - From the origins till nowadays- Influences on the Western Music of the 2Oth Century".
He made research in the field in Africa (Central and East Africa- ' 60s and ' 70s) and in the U.S.A. (regularly,since the late ' '70s). He contributed to magazines and publications like Blues Unlimited ,Talking Blues, Prologue ,Jazz in Time, Blues Gazette,.... and still writes in Jazz Hot, Cahiers du Jazz and Soul Bag (France) , Blues & Rhythm (U.K.) , Living Blues and BMR Journal (USA) among others...
He organized International Conferences at the University of Liège with publications ( "The Voice of the Delta-Charley Patton" in 1984 with David Evans, Jim O'Neal, Cilla Huggins, Mike Rowe, Dick Shurman, Eileen Southern, John Broven, .... ; "Saints and Sinners" in 1991 with Paul Oliver, Steve Tracy, Jon Michael Spencer, etc...) and he wrote some books:
-"The Voice of the Delta-Charley Patton and The Mississippi Delta Blues Traditions" editor ; Presses Universitaires de Liège,1987.
- "Dictionary of Jazz Musicians in Belgium", in col. ( Mardaga Ed., 1992)
- "Negro Spirituals & Gospel Songs" (Que Sais-Je? 2791-Presses Universitaires de France),1993.
- "Le Blues - les Incontournables", in col. ; Filipachi ed., 1994
- "Musiques Cajun,Creole & Zydeco" (Que Sais-je?3010- Pr.Univ. de France),1995
- "Negro Spirituals & Gospel Songs - Indexes to Selected Periodicals" (Black Music Research Journal vol.15 no.2 Fall 1995 (Columbia College,Chicago)
- "Saints & Sinners- Blues, Religion and (D)Evil in African American Music & Literature" A Symposium; Ed. Société Musicologie Liège, 1996.